Página 1 de 2
Ir a la página 1, 2  Siguiente

Mensaje New Saturn Coding Contest

#1  RockinB 04 Noviembre 2007, 09:50 AM

Hello dear Saturn fans here at segasaturno.com,

the new SEGA Saturn Coding Contest (C4-2007) has started, everyone is invited to try his luck.

c4_2007_logo

The prizes this year are better than ever, they sum up to a value of 850,- Euro!
First of all, everyone who takes part in the contest gets a Saturn USB DataLink device for free. This very useful unit connects the Action Replay in your SEGA Saturn with any PC or Laptop that gots a USB port. It comes with a software that allows you to download or upload game saves, to dump the Saturn-bios and to upload and execute homebrew games to Saturn.
I've tried it out myself and it works very reliable, a very nice little thing. Sharing game saves over the internet (that can be used on real Saturn and on emulator) and testing selfmade Saturn games becomes possible, now.

Okay, so I've got 10 of these Saturn USB DataLinks laying around here, that are waiting for hobbyist Saturn coders:

usb_datalink_package

Besides that, the first three places are honoured with 300,- Euros in total! As last year, there are a couple of user donated games that can be won, too.

Some importand changes make it easier to win prizes:
- for multiple entries, every entry can get a prize
- prizes for everyone: USB DataLink for every contestant
- new points based rating system that honours the implementation of special features with extra points

RockinB 
Invitado

• Volver arriba Página inferior

Mensaje Re: New Saturn Coding Contest

#2  Frankie 05 Noviembre 2007, 12:09 AM

Traducción del post anterior escribió: 
Hola queridos fans de Saturn de segasaturno.com,

el nuevo SEGA Saturn Coding Contest (C4-2007) ha comenzado, todo el mundo está invitado a probar su suerte.

c4_2007_logo

Los premios de este año son mejores que nunca, su valor es mayor de 850€!
Antes que nada, todo el que participe en el concurso se llevará un dispositivo Saturn USB DataLink completamente gratis. Con este dispositivo podrás conectar el Action Replay en tu SEGA Saturn en cualquier PC o portátil a través de USB. Viene con software que te permite subir o bajar partidas guardadas, volcar la bios de tu Saturn y subir y ejecutar juegos caseros en tu Saturn.
Yo mismo lo he probado y funciona de maravilla, es realmente bueno. Compartir tus partidas guardadas a través de internet (que pueden ser utilizadas en una Saturn real y/o en un emulador) y probar juegos creados por uno mismo en la Saturn, ya es posible.
Vale, así que tengo 10 de estos Saturn USB DataLinks esperando por aquí a algún programador aficionado de Saturn:

usb_datalink_package

A parte de eso, las primeras tres plazas serán premiadas con 300€ en total! Al igual que el año anterior, es posible que hayan un par de propuestas que  también puedan ganar.

Algunos cambios hacen que sea más fácil ganar premios:
- cuantas más propuestas, más posibilidades de ganar premios
- premios para todos: USB DataLink para todos los participantes.
- nuevo sistema de puntos que gratifica la implementación de características especiales con puntos extra

Aquí teneis la traducción personal del post anterior. No he pasado por la web del concurso, así que no puedo corroborar la información que aquí se expone, mi trabajo ha sido el de la mera traducción.
Saludos a todos y ya informareis si alguien se atreve a presentarse!

spain.png Frankie Sexo: Masculino
Fran Martín
Donante Unreleased €

#3  rokon32 05 Noviembre 2007, 05:26 PM

Muchas gracias por traducirlo tenía curiosidad por saber qu era eso. Un saludo y gracias  

spain.png rokon32 Sexo: Masculino
Donante Unreleased €
Miembro dedicado
Miembro dedicado

#4  Ryo Suzuki 10 Noviembre 2007, 01:20 PM

Thanks for the info RockinB

I hope better entries this year, this thing is good for Sega Saturn, and you make possible.

japan.png Ryo Suzuki Sexo: Masculino
Alfonso Martínez González
Webmaster
Webmaster
Shenmue Freak

Mensaje Looking For Judges, Again

#5  RockinB 11 Marzo 2008, 08:37 AM

Ryo Suzuki and Denymetanol, do you remember when you judged the entries of the SEGA Saturn Coding Contest, a year or two ago?

The third contest of it's kind, the C4-2007 SEGA Saturn Coding Contest has finished and the entries have been sent in. Last time when judging, you proved to be a fair and responsible judge, your comments on the entries were comprehensive and wellthought.

Would you like to participate as a judge, again? All you need is a SEGA Saturn, a method to play CD-R's on it (swap-trick or modchip) and a standard CD-Writer. I'd be glad to have you judge the entries again, if your interested, just reply (e-Mail: ) and let me know. You will then receive the judge rule details and a download link to the entries (Saturn homebrew games).

See you later,
Rockin'-B

blank.gif RockinB Sexo: Masculino
Miembro de honor
Miembro de honor

#6  Ryo Suzuki 11 Marzo 2008, 11:29 AM

Yes friend, I want to participate again ( and I suppose that Deny too   )

I'll write the e-mail right now. Thanks for remember us!

sega_firma

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. (Confucius)

japan.png Ryo Suzuki Sexo: Masculino
Alfonso Martínez González
Webmaster
Webmaster
Shenmue Freak

#7  Denymetanol 13 Marzo 2008, 01:23 PM

Thanks for the invitation my friends. Received the e-mail Ryo

I´m very happy to join in. Prizes and incentives are superb Rockin'-B. I hope the homebrew community of Saturn coding continues growing. I want to participate too

One applause for you  

7613706046_c91bebe2c8

blank.gif Denymetanol Sexo: Masculino
Donante Unreleased €
Miembro de la Elite
Miembro de la Elite

Mensaje Thank You Both!

#8  RockinB 13 Marzo 2008, 07:58 PM

Hello, I'd like to thank you both for your support in judging the entries. You will be presented with some nice Saturn homebrew games. I will send you the details and the entries around friday evening, saturday morning.

See you later,
Rockin'-B

Miembro de honor
Miembro de honor

Mensaje Judging Can Start Now, Downloads For Judges Available

#9  RockinB 16 Marzo 2008, 08:54 PM

Hello,

Denymethanol and Ryo Suzuki, you should have received an email with instructions and download link to the C4 entries. This is a judge-only distribution, so please don't share it. when judging is finished, a single CD image will be published, which contains all entries together.

So the judging proceedure has finally started, I'm sure you'll be having as much fun with the entries as I did this weekend   . If anybody eles is interested in testing and judging the entries, please let me know.

Greetings,
Rockin'-B

Miembro de honor
Miembro de honor

#10  Denymetanol 17 Marzo 2008, 12:53 AM

Mail Received Master Rockin´-B I send my comments and "viewpoints" soon, i hope ^ ^  Thanks my friends.

Best Wishes, and good luck to all program coders ;-)

7613706046_c91bebe2c8

blank.gif Denymetanol Sexo: Masculino
Donante Unreleased €
Miembro de la Elite
Miembro de la Elite

Ocultar¿Este tema fue útil?
Compartir este tema
Correo a un amigo Facebook Twitter Windows Live Favorites MySpace del.icio.us Digg SlashDot google.com LinkedIn StumbleUpon Blogmarks Diigo reddit.com Blinklist co.mments.com
technorati.com DIGG ITA linkagogo.com meneame.net netscape.com newsvine.com yahoo.com Fai Informazione Ok Notizie Segnalo Bookmark IT fark.com feedmelinks.com spurl.net

Página 1 de 2
Ir a la página 1, 2  Siguiente