Página 1 de 2
Ir a la página 1, 2  Siguiente

Mensaje Panzer Dragoon Tools

#1  Unknown Master 06 Octobre 2009, 05:23 PM

Hello!

This is my first post. I'm from Brazil, unfortunately I don't know speak spanish, so I'll speak in english. We are corrently working on Sega Saturn Translations. We translated 3 games into Portuguese Language, Mortal Kombat 2, Legend of Oasis and Rayman.

I'm currently working on Magic Knights Rayearth. After this project, I'm planning to translate Panzer Dragoon Saga. I saw your Spanish Translation (Discs 1 and 2). It's amazing!!!

So... The group create some tools to translate the game, right?

Do you can share this translation tools with me?

Don't worry, the group will be added in the credits of the project.

Thanks!

Unknown Master Sexo: Masculino
Recien llegado
Recien llegado

• Volver arriba Página inferior

Mensaje Re: Panzer Dragoon Tools

#2  Holy_3051 06 Octobre 2009, 08:47 PM

As you said, We have some tool, and a especific way to translate this game.

In my opinion the best way to translate the game into your language is work over the spanish version.
The most of the text of the game is easily editable with any HEX program, because I modified the text structure, and all of the text lines content the max visible space posible in screen. I don't know if you catch me...

The problem is that  the entire game don't contain this text structure. I found out this metode at the middle of the translate, and the rest of text is a mess... jejeje. But in display it shows correctly.

I you want to translate over the inglish versión  we can share some tools, without problems, I supose....

blank.gif Holy_3051 Sexo: Masculino
Traductor Hombre-Orquesta
Colaborador SEGASATURNO
Colaborador SEGASATURNO

#3  Unknown Master 06 Octobre 2009, 11:13 PM

Hello,  Holy_3051.

Thanks for reply.

In fact, really the best way to translate the game into Portuguese is working on the spanish version. I've been downloaded Disc 1 and Disc 2 Patchs. The work is really amazing, like I said before. I'm planning to translate Panzer Dragoon Saga after Magic Knights Rayearth.

The Sega Saturn (Dreamcast too) is a system forgotten by the peoples. We have many translations for Genesis, SNes, PSX, etc., but here in Brazil there's only 3 translations for Sega Saturn... Because of this, I've decided to work on this system.

I would be very grateful if you share your tools with me. If you wish, you can send me the tools via PM. Thank you!!!

A last question:

I have some problems with the video conversion, because the game Magic Knights Rayearth has some videos with english voices, and I wanna put subtitles on it. I can convert CPK to AVI easily and perfectly, I have a tool to do this (CPK2AVI Converter). But the real problem is reconvert the AVI file into CPK file to reinsert the video into the ISO again. I've found a utility, it can do this (AVI2CPK Converter). The video is converted perfectly, but the audio... It's trashed!

The audio is corrupted! Well, if I remove the audio of the *.avi file, put a subtitle on it, and convert it to *.CPK, the video can be reinserted perfectly into the ISO, but no audio... The game will be weird.

So, I wanna ask:

Do you know any tool that converts *.avi into Sega Saturn videos (*.cpk) perfectly (audio and video)?

Thanks!

Recien llegado
Recien llegado

#4  Holy_3051 06 Octobre 2009, 11:27 PM

mmm... I don't use any program to do this but some people here in Segasaturno has worked with some project that needs subtitule videos.
Wait for another user reply 1 o 2 days... If not... I ask my friends for some way to solve your problem with the audio.

Magic Knights Rayearth is being translated by some people there, in this page.

blank.gif Holy_3051 Sexo: Masculino
Traductor Hombre-Orquesta
Colaborador SEGASATURNO
Colaborador SEGASATURNO

#5  yorkester 07 Octobre 2009, 12:05 AM

Coñe, pues si se puede traducir PDS a otros idiomas como portugués o italiano basándose en la versión en castellano sería genial.

blank.gif yorkester Sexo: Masculino
SEGA Fan
SEGA Fan

#6  Wesker 07 Octobre 2009, 04:30 PM

Unknown Master escribió: [Ver mensaje]
A last question:

I have some problems with the video conversion, because the game Magic Knights Rayearth has some videos with english voices, and I wanna put subtitles on it. I can convert CPK to AVI easily and perfectly, I have a tool to do this (CPK2AVI Converter). But the real problem is reconvert the AVI file into CPK file to reinsert the video into the ISO again. I've found a utility, it can do this (AVI2CPK Converter). The video is converted perfectly, but the audio... It's trashed!

The audio is corrupted! Well, if I remove the audio of the *.avi file, put a subtitle on it, and convert it to *.CPK, the video can be reinserted perfectly into the ISO, but no audio... The game will be weird.

So, I wanna ask:

Do you know any tool that converts *.avi into Sega Saturn videos (*.cpk) perfectly (audio and video)?

Thanks!

You need to encode audio in 8-bit format before you use the AviToSaturn (or AVI2CPK) application. That should solve the problem.

I know this because I have been doing several tests related to that with a certain game that also uses .cpk files. Unfortunately, although I could convert well all (or almost all) the video files to .cpk format, some other problem came with the game itself not recognising the .cpk videos at all (it skips them), and due to that, I had to leave the matter aside for a while. But aside to that, the .cpk video themselves were fine and sound played correctly through CPK viewer applications.

blank.gif Wesker Sexo: Masculino
Staff Unreleased
Administrador
Administrador
Seguero y coleccionista!

#7  Ryo Suzuki 07 Octobre 2009, 05:06 PM

Hello mate, welcome to SEGASaturno.

We translated 3 games into Portuguese Language, Mortal Kombat 2, Legend of Oasis and Rayman.

Where can we download this patches? Can you share it with us?

So... The group create some tools to translate the game, right?

Sincerely, I think we don't have any specific custom tool coded for this translation. Is the first work of Holy_3051 and he used conventional ways for romhacking it. You can talk with our friend an he can give to you all the details and pieces of advice.

At the most from the technical point of view you maybe need modify the ingame font, we use a special custom tool to compress and descompress graciously gave to us by TascoDLX.

Maybe the advise of Wesker can work for you. I know this work of add subtitles to the movies of this game has done by our friend Raizing. I don't know exactly how he did it.. but I'm sure that was a great success.

Madroms, our friend form SATAKORE, shared months ago an special disc to work with Sega Saturn movies.

"AviToSaturn program from Earl K. Stratton. I used it to make the .cpk files for the D2SGM2, but you must use it with specific params and it has some limits. Please read the "AvitoSaturn(CPK) help.txt" text file inside the AviToSaturn.rar to know how to use it and what are the limits of the orgram. "

Is the .iso of the official Sega Saturn Cinepak Library Ver 1.20 (PC and Mac cd, only the Mac has the Movie_to_Saturn application that can create .cpk files) and I think maybe will help you...

http://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn...-2-Madroms.html

You can download in "Dezaemon 2 Save Game Manager Vol. 2 and CPK Viewer Source Codes" link.

Wesker escribió: [Ver mensaje]
I know this because I have been doing several tests related to that with a certain game that also uses .cpk files.

Mmmm.... ¿Resident Evil?

sega_firma

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. (Confucius)

japan.png Ryo Suzuki Sexo: Masculino
Alfonso Martínez González
Webmaster
Webmaster
Shenmue Freak

#8  Unknown Master 07 Octobre 2009, 05:43 PM

You need to encode audio in 8-bit format before you use the AviToSaturn (or AVI2CPK) application. That should solve the problem.

Oh, God!!! Good news!! Thank you very much for the precious tip, Wesker. I'll do my tests and I'll post my results here later!

I know this because I have been doing several tests related to that with a certain game that also uses .cpk files. Unfortunately, although I could convert well all (or almost all) the video files to .cpk format, some other problem came with the game itself not recognising the .cpk videos at all (it skips them), and due to that, I had to leave the matter aside for a while. But aside to that, the .cpk video themselves were fine and sound played correctly through CPK viewer applications.

If I can understand, the tool AviToSaturn only enconde the audio in 8-bit format. So, the coder (Earl Estratton, if I recall) probably should have implemented only 8-bit format. If the game skip them, probably it's because the audio must be in 16-bit format. So, many games needs to have the "hacked" file as original as possible. Trust in me, it's true.

Like I said before,  if I remove the audio of the *.avi file, put a subtitle on it, and convert it to *.CPK, the video can be reinserted perfectly into the ISO, but no audio. I tested in Yabause/SSF/Cassini/Girigiri emulators and the video runs perfectly (no audio).

I have the AVItoSaturn source code. It would be interesting if we can change the source code to implement encoding of 16-bit format too. A good programmer can do this easily.

Wesker, thanks for all.

Recien llegado
Recien llegado

#9  Wesker 07 Octobre 2009, 06:12 PM

If I can understand, the tool AviToSaturn only enconde the audio in 8-bit format. So, the coder (Earl Estratton, if I recall) probably should have implemented only 8-bit format. If the game skip them, probably it's because the audio must be in 16-bit format. So, many games needs to have the "hacked" file as original as possible. Trust in me, it's true.

It's not that. In the game I'm talking about (ask if you want to know ), the audio of the .cpk videos is already encoded to 8-bit. In fact, I'm not sure if 16-bit audio is really supported in .cpk videos or not. Maybe the corrupted audio problem comes because AviToSaturn is trying to convert to 8-bit format in its own (with undesirable results) the 16-bit audio it is presented in video files using it (again, not sure of it).

I believe the problem I have is simply that my modified video files have different (larger) sizes to the originals (a thing that can't be controlled in AviToSaturn without shitting the video quality completely), so the game is not recognising them unless some change in the game code is done to admit the larger size video files.

I have the AVItoSaturn source code. It would be interesting if we can change the source code to implement encoding of 16-bit format too. A good programmer can do this easily.

It would be interesting definitely, not only to do tweaks in that regard, but in general terms. AviToSaturn, as it is now, is somewhat harsh and unaccurate to work with (tends to mess up with video quality more than desired, far from producing retail games quality results).

Mmmm.... ¿Resident Evil?

Frio frio.

Ya te comenté qué juego era, de hecho. Es un doblaje (procedente de otra versión) más que una traducción.

blank.gif Wesker Sexo: Masculino
Staff Unreleased
Administrador
Administrador
Seguero y coleccionista!

#10  Unknown Master 07 Octobre 2009, 09:05 PM

Ryo Suzuki escribió: [Ver mensaje]

Hello mate, welcome to SEGASaturno.

Thank you!

Where can we download this patches? Can you share it with us?

Yes, I can ... Our translations can be downloaded here:

Rayman (PT-BR):

Genre: Adventure
Producer: Ubi Soft
Number of Players: 1
Patch Version: 1.1
Patch Distribution: *.ppf
Translator: Waldsonglym
Group:  None
Release: 29/08/2004
Percentage: 100%
Download Link: http://www.brgames.org/ipstraduzido-detalhe.asp?cod=428

Legend of Oasis (PT-BR):

Genre: RPG/Action
Producer: Sega/Ancient
Number of Players: 1
Patch Version: 1.0
Patch Distribution: *.ppf
Translator: Waldsonglym
Group:  None
Release: 12/08/2004
Download Link: http://www.romhackers.org/modules/P...p?cid=18&lid=63

Mortal Kombat II (PT-BR):

Genre: Fighting
Producer: Midway/Acclaim
Number of Players: 2
Patch Version: None
Translator: ØX-Carnage
Group:  Monkey's Traduções*
Release: 13/06/2008
Download Links: http://rapidshare.com/files/1222712...BR_Carnage_.zip
               Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/pt/?d=7ELWRECW

In MKII, there's no Patch, you must download the ISO translated.

* Monkey's Traduções is my group - I'm a member

I hope you can enjoy with our translations

At the most from the technical point of view you maybe need modify the ingame font, we use a special custom tool to compress and descompress graciously gave to us by TascoDLX.

Hey, can you share it with me? I know, the font is compressed, but I can't decompress it yet.
Thanks!

Maybe the advise of Wesker can work for you. I know this work of add subtitles to the movies of this game has done by our friend Raizing. I don't know exactly how he did it.. but I'm sure that was a great success.

Madroms, our friend form SATAKORE, shared months ago an special disc to work with Sega Saturn movies.

"AviToSaturn program from Earl K. Stratton. I used it to make the .cpk files for the D2SGM2, but you must use it with specific params and it has some limits. Please read the "AvitoSaturn(CPK) help.txt" text file inside the AviToSaturn.rar to know how to use it and what are the limits of the orgram. "

Is the .iso of the official Sega Saturn Cinepak Library Ver 1.20 (PC and Mac cd, only the Mac has the Movie_to_Saturn application that can create .cpk files) and I think maybe will help you...

http://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn...-2-Madroms.html

You can download in "Dezaemon 2 Save Game Manager Vol. 2 and CPK Viewer Source Codes" link.

Thanks for the link. I'll download it (700 MB) as soon as possible.

@Wesker: Did you try to modify the compression quality on the AVIToSaturn? This option decrease the size of the *.CPK file. There's another way too: using a software to decrease the size of the *.avi file, before use AVIToSaturn.

Recien llegado
Recien llegado

Ocultar¿Este tema fue útil?
Compartir este tema
Correo a un amigo Facebook Twitter Windows Live Favorites MySpace del.icio.us Digg SlashDot google.com LinkedIn StumbleUpon Blogmarks Diigo reddit.com Blinklist co.mments.com
technorati.com DIGG ITA linkagogo.com meneame.net netscape.com newsvine.com yahoo.com Fai Informazione Ok Notizie Segnalo Bookmark IT fark.com feedmelinks.com spurl.net

Página 1 de 2
Ir a la página 1, 2  Siguiente