Página 1 de 2
Ir a la página 1, 2  Siguiente

Mensaje Emu de SNES para Saturn

#1  tatoon 23 Febrero 2006, 10:38 AM

Según informan en DCEmu, the Rockin'-B está portando el emulador de SNES, snes9x, para nuestras Saturn.
"The hardest thing involved was to meet the RAM requirements and so the emu requires a 4MB RAM cart.

snes9x_on_saturn

The emulator already features loading from CD and frameskip setting. Unlike these shots from SSF, the gfx is not yet that correct on real hardware".
Podéis ver imágenes del emulador funcionando bajo SSF, en DCEmu.

spain.png tatoon Sexo: Masculino
Juan
Donante Unreleased €
SEGA Junior
SEGA Junior

• Volver arriba Página inferior

Mensaje Re: Emu de SNES para Saturn

#2  Ryo Suzuki 23 Febrero 2006, 12:29 PM

Pues increible rocking como siempre, jamas se me habria ocurrido que hiciesen un emu usando el cartucho de ram

japan.png Ryo Suzuki Sexo: Masculino
Alfonso Martínez González
Webmaster
Webmaster
Shenmue Freak

Mensaje 

#3  zazazezo 23 Febrero 2006, 03:38 PM

¿¿¿¿y tiene que ser el action replay plus ese de 4mb o vale el de 1 mb de los de snk u otros que son hibridos de 1 y 4 pero que el modo de 4mb es solo para algun juego????

spain.png zazazezo Sexo: Masculino
Miembro de la Elite
Miembro de la Elite

Mensaje 

#4  Rockin'-B 23 Febrero 2006, 10:19 PM

zazazezo";p="4793 escribió: 
¿¿¿¿y tiene que ser el action replay plus ese de 4mb o vale el de 1 mb de los de snk u otros que son hibridos de 1 y 4 pero que el modo de 4mb es solo para algun juego????

Yes, currently 1MB carts are useless for this emu. Though maybe in the future less RAM requirement could be achieved, but I doubt it as I have no plans to work on it anymore. Although I'm very suprised that it does even exist (on my harddrive only, haha).

Rockin'-B 
Invitado

Mensaje 

#5  zazazezo 23 Febrero 2006, 10:47 PM

ok,thanks for your request

spain.png zazazezo Sexo: Masculino
Miembro de la Elite
Miembro de la Elite

#6  gbajose 23 Febrero 2006, 11:41 PM

genial ^^

Rocking thanks for you work ;) I waiting to a first  beta version  

text2shield

spain.gif gbajose Sexo: Masculino
Segata Sanshirō
Segata Sanshirō

Mensaje 

#7  Denymetanol 24 Febrero 2006, 03:03 AM

Rockin'-B You´re THE SATURN´s GOD ^o^

I watched some routines LIKE mode7 pseudo3d on Saturn Titles, CAN BE ON SATURN more similar and accurate than emulate on powerful systems such Dreamcast? Or totally impossible?

One of the good points of Saturn is the 2d power, but in case of snes, the polygonal titles uses an enhanced chip, also known as SUPER FX, to power the snes cpu to calculate 3d graphics (primitive polygonal era SVP and S-FX.). Do you think that these features will be well converted to Saturn?

PD: The Graphic Decryption of Street Fighter Alpha2, STAR OCEAN; etc... or similar games can be possible too, or require much CPU than TWIN SH2 can do, are you using the "OLD-SKOOL" MC 68.000 from motorola to speed up or emulate some group of SNES CHIPS?

Thanks for all your answersssss ^o^  

Vielen Daaaaannnnkkkkkkkkkkkkk ;-)

7613706046_c91bebe2c8

blank.gif Denymetanol Sexo: Masculino
Donante Unreleased €
Miembro de la Elite
Miembro de la Elite

Mensaje 

#8  Rockin'-B 24 Febrero 2006, 09:19 AM

Denymetanol";p="4829 escribió: 

I watched some routines LIKE mode7 pseudo3d on Saturn Titles, CAN BE ON SATURN more similar and accurate than emulate on powerful systems such Dreamcast? Or totally impossible?

One of the good points of Saturn is the 2d power, but in case of snes, the polygonal titles uses an enhanced chip, also known as SUPER FX, to power the snes cpu to calculate 3d graphics (primitive polygonal era SVP and S-FX.). Do you think that these features will be well converted to Saturn?

Your speaking about using the native Saturn graphics hardware. That's surely a way to speed things up. Currently, it's just a 1:1 port of snes9x, because first the focus should be on getting the port working without any bugs.

Denymetanol";p="4829 escribió: 

PD: The Graphic Decryption of Street Fighter Alpha2, STAR OCEAN; etc... or similar games can be possible too, or require much CPU than TWIN SH2 can do, are you using the "OLD-SKOOL" MC 68.000 from motorola to speed up or emulate some group of SNES CHIPS?

Thanks for all your answersssss ^o^  

Vielen Daaaaannnnkkkkkkkkkkkkk ;-)

No speedup methods in yet. Just the master CPU is running and no other chip is used. These things require a lot of time and I'm not sure what to do with snes9x for Saturn. We'll see.

Rockin'-B 
Invitado

Mensaje 

#9  Denymetanol 24 Febrero 2006, 09:47 AM

No problem Master Rockin'-B

as we´re saying here - DESPACITO Y CON BUENA LETRA -

Good Work ;-)

7613706046_c91bebe2c8

blank.gif Denymetanol Sexo: Masculino
Donante Unreleased €
Miembro de la Elite
Miembro de la Elite

#10  Rockin'-B 28 Abril 2006, 06:39 PM

Hello everybody, I think it's time to give a news update for the SNES emu on SEGA Saturn:

The development of this emu has been continued, indeed! A lot of things have been done to speed the emu up. I wrote a homebrew Saturn library (SGL replacement), ported the assembler cpu core from DreamSNES (Dreamcast) over to SEGA Saturn, optimized compile flags and emulator settings as well as the usage of Saturn's RAM and so on.... And I did a lot of benchmarking which showed me that now, the emu is between 2 times and 3 times as fast as before!

It is still far from being fullspeed, but with frameskip most homebrew SNES demos are playable and some commercial ROMs have the potential to become playable, too. The thing that slows down the emu most is graphics rendering. If I could use Saturn's video hardware chips to render the graphics, or the slave cpu, then we could really play some SNES games on Saturn!

Apart from speeding up the GFX rendering, the things that I could do is increasing the compatibility of the asm cpu core and maybe get it working with a 1MB cart or even no cart (unlikely to happen), too.

The emu is still not released, but I'm about to send the latest version to some testers.

Here are some new screenshots taken with Yabause:
snes9x_demos

Rockin'-B 
Invitado

Ocultar¿Este tema fue útil?
Compartir este tema
Correo a un amigo Facebook Twitter Windows Live Favorites MySpace del.icio.us Digg SlashDot google.com LinkedIn StumbleUpon Blogmarks Diigo reddit.com Blinklist co.mments.com
technorati.com DIGG ITA linkagogo.com meneame.net netscape.com newsvine.com yahoo.com Fai Informazione Ok Notizie Segnalo Bookmark IT fark.com feedmelinks.com spurl.net

Página 1 de 2
Ir a la página 1, 2  Siguiente