Página 1 de 1

Mensaje Saturnin sigue su camino

#1  Ryo Suzuki 21 Julio 2009, 12:28 AM

Pues sí, tanto hablar de Yabause, SSF y tal se nos olvida que existen otros emus de la Sega Saturn. Saturnin como sabeis es uno de ellos. Aunque podamos pensar que el proyecto está parado, lo cierto es que se sigue trabajando ahi en la sombra. Hemos leido algo nuevo de su autor:

20090630-3dd

"As I was converting different VDP2 modes to the new cache, I came across testing the game 3 Dirty Dwarves. This game got a strange problem since version 0.32, as main player characters weren't being diplayed on screen : you could move around, see bullets fired, or punch the villains, but that was it. You could only guess your position by the scrolling moves.

At first I thought it was related to the DSP, as some games use it to do some sprite calculations, but after a quick check that wasn't the case.

Some more tracing lead me to some unmapped memory access (which wasn't logged for some reason), and reading through the SH2 hardware manual gave me the aswers I was looking for : the SH2 has an internal cache (4KB of data, and 1KB of addresses), which can be configured to be used as a 4 ways cache (all the data cache is used as instructions / data cache), a 2 ways cache (the first half is used as a high speed RAM, and the other one as regular cache), or completely disabled (4KB used as high speed RAM).

After adding this 4KB area to the memory map of the emulator, bingo ! The sprites are displayed :D"

Resulta que tiene un worklog en el que va comentando sus progresos. Muy interesante, lo teneis aquí y recordad tambien la web oficial del emulador.

sega_firma

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. (Confucius)

japan.png Ryo Suzuki Sexo: Masculino
Alfonso Martínez González
Webmaster
Webmaster
Shenmue Freak

• Volver arriba Página inferior

Mensaje Re: Saturnin Sigue Su Camino

#2  saturn_worship 21 Julio 2009, 11:49 PM

Y que siga, recuerdo cuando antes de que SSF apareciese con sus versiones más "jugables" y "definitivas", ahí estaba Saturnin dandonos esperanzas de emular Saturn moviendo el daytona!!!!!!

blank.gif saturn_worship 
Staff Unreleased
Moderador
Moderador
Arqueologo Sega Saturn

• Volver arriba Página inferior

Ocultar¿Este tema fue útil?
Compartir este tema
Correo a un amigo Facebook Twitter Windows Live Favorites MySpace del.icio.us Digg SlashDot google.com LinkedIn StumbleUpon Blogmarks Diigo reddit.com Blinklist co.mments.com
technorati.com DIGG ITA linkagogo.com meneame.net netscape.com newsvine.com yahoo.com Fai Informazione Ok Notizie Segnalo Bookmark IT fark.com feedmelinks.com spurl.net

Página 1 de 1