Saturn Coding Contest: Porting Party Winter '08/'09

Ir a la página Anterior  1, 2, 3  Siguiente

Objetivo: Re: Saturn Coding Contest: Porting Party Winter '08/'09
Let's hope we will see some great entries. :) GemDropX and Vectroids look good.

Perfil MP  
Objetivo: Who Wants To Judge The Saturn Ports?
Hello spanish Saturn fans! I'm currently searching for judges for the porting party (SEGA Saturn Coding Contest). Here's are some more details that I'm also posting at SX:

The Porting Party has been the most successful SEGA Saturn coding contest, there are :putoamo: 50% more entries than in the years before!

Now I'm looking for people who like to evaluate the entries intensively and finally give them a rating. The entries cover a broad range of game types, including:

• emulators
  • 2d shooter
  • puzzle game
  • 3d first person shooter

The judges need to have a SEGA Saturn and need to be able to run CD-Rs on it (either via swap-trick, or modchip). In addition, for one entry a RAM expansion cart would be nice. However, for the first time this year, not all judges need to judge using a real Saturn, some of them can use a good Saturn emulator (SSF), too.

If you'd like to be among the first to play the newest Saturn homebrew games, please :arrow: contact me via PM or e-mail:

Perfil MP  
Objetivo: Re: Saturn Coding Contest: Porting Party Winter '09/'10
RockinB, I sent you a PM applying for it :)

Perfil MP  
This are great news for our beloved system , perhaps next year i can participate. One recomendation , put some categories an everyone can participate, for example if i do , i will present a game not a port-game (not very well done but working XD)

Perfil MP  
I hope i can do something if not for this..for the next one..

Perfil MP  
Maybe one of three super ultra secret projects of Jano Dev team can participate :twisted: .
But, no one it's a port.

Perfil MP  
Objetivo: Any More Judges Welcome!
Thanks to Indiket for applying as a judge. I need some more people to rate the entries, who likes to?

saturn_worship escribió: [Ver mensaje]
I hope i can do something if not for this..for the next one..

The next Saturn coding contest is about to start immediately after the last one is finished with judging and prize distribution.

I would love to see a spanish saturn dever to participate in the next contest later this year. I wasn't aware that there are so much people interested in Saturn dev here and even actively practicing it, great!

@FacundoARG and @Jean La Montarde: focussing on ports only was a special thing in the last contest. Although that meant less freedom for the contestants, they had the chance to have success more easier. The fact that we got +50% more entries this time as in the previous years, makes me very happy.

So about the objective of the next contest, that's not yet decided. I'd like to listen to the community before, in order to find a goal that most people are happy with.

Perfil MP  
:lol: Processing entries, and burning 4 left ...... :roll:

Good Ports, awesome work :putoamo:

Perfil MP  
Objetivo: Re: Any More Judges Welcome!
RockinB escribió: [Ver mensaje]
focussing on ports only was a special thing in the last contest. Although that meant less freedom for the contestants, they had the chance to have success more easier.

Most times I find porting efforts even more interesting than original creations. They don't have to be a less meritorious thing itself, on the contrary. Lacking source code (in most cases) implies having to rebuild the thing on something different and therefore needs pretty good programming and coding skills.

Perfil MP  
Objetivo: Re: Any More Judges Welcome!
did you ever see the c4 2008-2009 entries ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealRockinB

Perfil MP  
Ir a la página Anterior  1, 2, 3  Siguiente

Página 2 de 3